Saturday night post



So, this week was kind of heavy at home and I got little time for myself and my things. I am very impressed by women with babies who get time to sew AND blog and read, and be active on IG, and all that after caring for baby. I believe a mother is already to be admired "just" for being a mother, and those who can have a life beside that? I bow to you!! You have my utmost respect.
(and the ones with more than one child? Oh my)

Important progress I did was having the courage to finally measure myself post-partum, and this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Ok, I am two or three sizes larger than I used to be... and there is quite a change on my shape, so to speak. But the miracle of building and bringing a baby to the world is definitely worth body changes. I dream of the day I'll have the energy to practice exercise again, but one thing at a time, I have better perspectives of sitting down and sewing a bit.

Thing is little baby only sleeps when someone is next to him, and nowadays that someone is me. I want to try putting him to sleep on the bed in my sewing room (it's the same room where we have a bed for guests) but that didn't quite work yet. And well, little guy is still very young, I suppose he still will go through some changes on his rhythms and ways... will he?

One other thing that's happened is I have been searching for fellow seamstresses here in Brazil (who knows I might find a sewing girlfriend), but I have encountered a tall inaccessible cold wall among those who sew and maintain blogs. It's funny (certainly not funny) that we brazilian people have a reputation for being very open and welcoming, but in fact in many places I notice high levels of competition and side eyeing mistrust  (not sure anyone reading will get my point). As if you shouldn't share and be open about your knowledge and practices because someone might just steal your ideas, your fabric suppliers, your style. I don't have to defend a point here do I? Let's just say I believe that in creative practices, the more you share and exchange, the richer your own experience gets, and I believe we are living in times when not everything must be sold as a product. More, I don't think people will stop earning their money with sewing related activities if they make friends within that environment. Well, that really is not as half hippie as I could get.

Aaanyways, many patterns printed and assembled, who knows, maybe this week I will get some fabric cut! I have faith.

If you read all this, come on and leave me a comment, will you? Even if it is to tell me what was your breakfast today.

Thanks for reading,


Até jájá

Comments

  1. All the best as you work out your life as a Mum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ain't simple. thanks!! and thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. You are doing super well to be a mum and write a blog! Your baby's needs will keep changing, I can't promise it will be easier to sew but it will be different (and you will get more sleep, which is so exciting). Keep doing the good work!! And don't push yourself too hard. I find knitting or crochet good sometimes because it's quiet, you don't have to move around much (helpful if someone is lying on your lap!) and it's easy to pick up and put down. But I hope you get to sew some things. I enjoyed reading your blog. And that's so weird about sewing bloggers! Do you have any sort of local internet noticeboard (we have neighbourly). You might find some real world sewers are more social than the blog ones :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I have been thinking about hand sewing, but actually didn't consider knitting and crochet. Thanks for the insight. And maybe your advice about real world sewists apply, I just don't see myself going out much nowadays.... I'll take a look around ;)
      Thanks so much, Lyndle

      Delete
  3. ohhh, I feel you; it's hard to be a first time Mum, I remember it like it was yesterday! but be assured your baby will sleep without you beside him soon, they won't be like that their whole life, I assure you! and then you can get back to your hobbies again. Knitting is a good hobby when you just need to sit quietly somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s marvelous and SO hard! Thanks for the reassurance, I will survive LOL. As advised, I am already deciding on what to knit. Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment

feel free to throw in thoughts and comments, I am always happy to talk!